Elegance. Simplicity. Consistency.
CAST CONNEX® Universal Pin Connectors™ are sleek, clevis-type standardized fittings designed to connect to hollow structural section (HSS) elements for use in architecturally exposed structural steel (AESS) applications. The connectors have been carefully sculpted to provide smooth transitional geometry that is otherwise unachievable using standard fabrication practices.
As fabrication of true-pin connections to hollow structural section (HSS) members is difficult, particularly when aesthetics are a concern, the use of Universal Pin Connectors vastly simplifies the design, detailing, and fabrication of critical architecturally exposed structural connections and significantly improves the aesthetic value of the finished assembly.
Universal Pin Connectors are a complete connection solution, as they are supplied with the associated carbon steel pins and electropolished stainless steel washers, cap plates, and cap screws.
- Smooth, curving transitions from every viewpoint
- Eye-catching end connections for compression struts, column bases, truss web members, or anywhere a load bearing true-pin connection is desired
- Connection details provided with tabulated connection capacities
- Dramatically simplified fabrication and a fraction of the grinding that typically accompanies AESS
- Consistent and reliable architectural appearance